Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 lb 1 lb of butternut squash (about a medium one), peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cups broth (add more for thinnner consistency)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder (optional)
- Add onion and avocado oil to a large pot and sauté on medium-high heat until translucent.
- Add broth, butternut squash, pumpkin puree, turmeric, ground black pepper, salt, and ginger powder.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the butternut squash is soft.
- Remove from heat and using a immersion or regular blender, blend until smooth and creamy consistency.
- Top with green onions, roasted pumpkin seeds or croutons.